Bear Mountain Resort Community
Situated in North Langford on Skirt Mountain lies Bear Mountain Resort, Canadas only urban resort community. The main staples of Bear Mountain are the 36 holes of Nicklaus Design Golf and the four star Westin Hotel. Bear Mountain is just minutes away from Victoria and is considered to be Langfords most luxurious neighbourhood. Bear Mountain has approximately 1,200 dwellings with a population of nearly 4,000. When all remaining neighbourhoods are constructed there will be approximately 3,000 dwellings and up to 10,000 residents.
Bear Mountain Real Estate
Bear Mountain has an incredible variety of houses, townhouses, and condos. Stunning mountain and resort views can be had from homes on streets like Nicklaus Drive and Eston Place, Navigators Rise offers views of the ocean and Victoria that are simply breathtaking, many homes on Players Drive and Spirit Ridge back onto parkland, and, of course, there are the golf view properties. Every one of the six condo buildings on Bear Mountain offers golf views as do houses on many streets including Pebble Place, Champions Way, Hedgestone Lane and Troon Court to name a few.
The newest neighbourhood development to take place at Bear Mountain is Cypress phase 1. Cypress is compromised of 33 townhomes including Cypress Mews townhouses and Cypress Gates Villas which is Bear Mountains newest gated community, and 27 stunning custom houses on Pebble Drive and Pebble Place built by a select group of designated builders known for constructing some of the highest quality homes in Victoria. These properties are situated between the 3rd and 5th fairways of the Jack Nicklaus Design Mountain Course.
Coming soon is the Elevate condo building. Elevate is sure to be Bear Mountain's flagship condo building, it will even have views of the18th holes of both the Mountain and Valley Nicklaus Design Courses. Concierge, night security, a clubhouse, outdoor pool and hot tub, business centre, games room, are just a few of the many amenities this luxury building will offer.
Bear Mountain Resort Village
In the heart of Bear Mountain Resort is where you'll find the staples of the resort community.
The Westin Hotel
- Newly renovated, world renowned 4 star accommodation with beautiful resort, mountain, and golf views.
Dining On The Mountain
- Bella - Bella offers a selection of house-made pastas, fresh seafood, aged beef and modern takes on traditional classics and they are all served up with incredible views. Chef Mark Wadsworth is always cooking up something spectacular.
- Masters Lounge - Great spot for handcrafted cocktails, local craft beer, and light snacks. A beautiful fireplace and live music provides the ambiance.
- The Cellar - Enjoy private dining or a wine tasting with a Sommelier while surrounded by over 2,000 bottles of the world’s finest wine.
- Pool Side Bar & Grill - Open only during the summer months, this is where you can enjoy your casual summer favourites poolside.
- Jack's Place & Kuma Sushi - Set on the 2nd fairway of the Mountain Course, Jack's Place and Kuma Sushi is a family friendly sports bar serving up all the good classics. Next to Jack's there is also a Liquor Store with Cold Beer & Wine.
- Get pampered at the award winning Sante Spa where they offer treatments for men, women, couples, and golfers and follow up your treatment with a soak in the mineral pool.
There is so much to do in and around the Bear Mountain Resort area, there is never a dull moment!
Things To Do Within Bear Mountain Resort
- Golf -Golf two of Canadas most highly-awarded golf courses, Canada's only 36 holes of Nicklaus Design Golf. Each 18 hole Nicklaus Design golf course, The Mountain Course and The Valley Course, is located within walking distance from anywhere in the Bear Mountain Resort Community. Each are unique and challenging and they both have some amazing features. Did you know that Bear Mountain has been a proud host of the PGA tour?
- Bike - Bear Mountain is the Official High Performance Training Centre of the Canadian National Mountain Bike Team. There are amazing trails to ride, a challenging bike park, and bike rentals and gear can be found in The Hub Bike Shop located in the resort village.
- Tennis - Bear Mountain is home to Canada's largest indoor/outdoor red clay court tennis centre, a facility that is supported by Tennis Canada and Tennis BC.
- Fitness - The NLRC (North Langford Rec. Centre) has premium amenities for members, residents, and guests alike. Drop-in for a workout, sign up for a group fitness class or private instruction, or take a dip in the outdoor heated salt water pool and hot tub.
- Hike - There is an amazing trail system that can be found all throughout the resort, you will find a good variety of both challenging and family friendly paths. Mt.Finlayson is a great hike any time of the year and the trail for Mt.Fin is found in the village near the NLRC.
- Playgrounds - Bear Mountain is home to three playgrounds. The first is located just off Stone Gate which is midway up Bear Mountain Parkway, second is the park on Nicklaus Drive, and the third park is at the end of Rockhampton Close which is near the very top of the resort.
Things to do only minutes away from Bear Mountain Resort
Mere minutes away is an abundance of local shopping, attractions, and recreation. Some of the top things to do are shopping at Millstream Village or Westshore Mall, taking in a movie at the Cineplex Odeon, spending the day at Western Speedway where there is racing, batting cages, mini-golf, and go-carts, go to Fort Rodd Hill national historic site or Hatley Castle, visit the amazing Butchart Gardens and Butterfly Gardens too, or if your feeling adventurous go to WildPlay or Adrenaline Zipline Adventure Tours.
Investing in Bear Mountain
Homeowners in the Bear Mountain Resort Community are continually rewarded with rising real estate values, thanks in part to the continued development of Bear Mountain Resort from Ecoasis. Even though home values for the resort are at an all time high, there isn't a better time than now to invest. New development projects including the Cypress neighbourhood, Southgate Plateau, Elevate condominiums, the extension of the Bear Mountain Parkway, low turnover of existing properties, and the continual addition of new amenities will keep Bear Mountain Resort property values on the rise for years to come.
Contact me at anytime to get the inside scoop on what's happening at Bear Mountain Resort. I, along with my wife and two children, have called Bear Mountain our home for years. I specialize in the purchase and sale of Bear Mountain Real Estate and I also proudly serve as a Director of the Bear Mountain Community Association where I aim to keep the resort a beautiful place to live, work, and play.
NOTE: MLS® property information is provided under copyright© by the Victoria Real Estate Board. The information is from sources deemed reliable, but should not be relied upon without independent verification. The website must only be used by consumers for the purpose of locating and purchasing real estate.